Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm Back From ATL

Recently, I went to Atlanta again for a little rest and relaxation, you know, ye ole mental break. Originally the trip was supposed to be business based. I opted not to tell members of my family that I would be in Georgia because my family is a close knit family. They can take up so much of your time. They’ll want to drag you off to some distant cousin four times removed and show them how tall you are. I still love them but “iowno”, I just didn’t feel like being bothered, youknowhatimean? Although I am a true hip-hopper many people know that I am a contemporary jazz lover as well, so I had my boy Jicasso set something up so we could hit a jazz spot on that Friday. I like checking out jazz clubs in other cities especially if the atmosphere is on point which reminds me: I need to see who’s coming to the Birchmere or Blues Alley this month (mental note).

Never one to be with an additional plan, my boy Amiss told me that he would be down in ATL at the exact same time that I would be there. What are the odds? Son rolls with those cats from So So Def (Jermaine Dupri’s record label). He was on the VIP list for some So So Def event and would get me and mine in on the VIP thing too. Man is it good to have friends all over. True, I don’t really care about celebs or the VIP list. This was just more of an opportunity to hang out with my boy. I also had a chance to chill and vibe with my girl Quin. Her friend Tonica and Tonica’s 11 year old brother, Terrell, were cool as hell. I had other things on my agenda for but ended up just blowing them off and relaxing with my friend.

If you are looking to read some deep meaning within this episode you won’t find it. There’s no punch line or case n’ point. I was just chillin with my folk in ATL. That’s about the size of it.

~~~P~~~

No comments: