Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lemony Snicket

I had a little bit of time to kill this morning so I decided to watch a movie. The movie of choice you ask? Eh, Lemony Snicket’s “A Series of Unfortunate Events”. I bought the DVD a while ago for the kids but I watch it too, for real. Jim Carey plays the villainous Count Olaf, WELL. Dude is fun-ny. It’s strange how some of the craziest things can make you think about your own life in general. The characters definitely went through a series of unfortunate events but at the end, justice was served, all wrongs were right, and everyone lived happily ever after. I believe the message that the movie was sending is no matter how many things go wrong, other things turn out right. There’s definitely a balance point somewhere. We never know what’s around the corner and we can’t see what’s being worked for us or what’s been done on our behalf. I believe that I never know what will happen in my favor. On Saturday, Sunday, Monday, I felt like I was just shytt’d on (cause I was). Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I am on top of the world, in sense. This is Panama's reasoning why…”Nothing takes your mind off of an unfortunate event better than a consecutive series of fortune events.”

-Take that, Take that, Take that (Dancin' like Puff)

No comments: